- Reach the summits of many classic peaks
- Lots of Scrambling, including a number of classic Scrambles
- How to use your hands
- How to use your feet
- Scrambling grades and guidebook interpretation
- Equipment use and selection
- Emergency Procedures
This course can be held in Snowdonia or The Lakes
This day will be in the mountains. We will look at Scrambling techniques, and how to move around confidently and safely on Scrambling terrain. Day one will focus on Hand and Foot use, keeping each other safe and will look at coaching your own movement skills whilst on the rock, looking at balance, footwork, weight transfer, resting and controlling anxiety.
Day two be a recap of Day one, and will also focus on Scrambling grades and guidebook interpretation, equipment selection and use and emergency procedures.
Day three will be a full mountain day, with the aim to complete one of Snowdonia's Classic Scrambles, with a specific focus on Ridge Scrambles.
Day four will be a full mountain day, with the aim to complete one of Snowdonia’s Classic Scrambles, with a specific focus on gully Scrambles.
Day 5 will recap the content from the week, and will be an opportunity to "troubleshoot" any problem areas and to coach the students techniques to ensure they are as happy as possible on Scrambling terrain.
At the end of this course you will have a debrief with your instructor, which will include a number of detailed handouts on what we have covered during the course, and a personalized "Action Plan" to help you go away and achieve your own goals in scrambling.
- Some Hill walking experience
- You should have a reasonable level of fitness and be prepared for being outdoors for the majority of each day
- Walking boots
- Waterproof top and bottoms
- Warm Clothing (including a "spare" warm layer)
- Hat and gloves
- Day rucksack (approx. 40-50 Litres)
- Small personal first aid kit
- Water bottle